ACA Awards Criteria
At the end of the school year ACA recognizes superior achievement in the classroom during a special awards ceremony. These recognitions are both academic and civic. Criteria used to determined using the following:
- Exemplary Honor Roll-This honor is for students who have made a grade of 90 or above in all subjects each 9 week grading period.
- Distinguished Honor Roll- This honor is for students who have made a grade of 80 or above in all subjects each 9 week grading period.
- American Citizenship-This honor is for students who have made all “Excellent “ on citizenship grades for all classes and receive no office referrals all year long.
- ACA Citizenship- This honor is for students who have made “Excellent “ or “Satisfactory “ on citizenship grades for all classes and receive no office referrals all year long.
- ***If students receive an office referral, they will not be eligible for ANY citizenship awards.***
- Griffin Goodfellows- This honor is for students who have met the volunteer requirements as posted on ACA website and submitted the appropriate documentation to campus administrators by the designated deadline.
- ACA Bluebonnet Challenge- Read (or listen to someone read) all 20 Bluebonnet books. Must be read by May 10, 2019.
- Most Improved in a core subject-Each teacher will pick students that they feel have improved in each of the core subjects.
- Outstanding in a Core Subject-If a student obtains a yearly average of a 95 or above, they will receive an outstanding award for the core subject they meet the criteria on.
- Other Campus Recognitions- Campus may offer other campus based recognitions not listed here. Please seek guidance on these recognitions from campus administration.